- Go to your state’s Secretary of State office website and find out what your state’s qualifications are to become a notary Public.
- Do you need to take a training class? Yes No
- Do you need a background check? Yes No
- Do you need a passport photo? Yes No
- Do you need to pass a test? Yes No
- Does your state require a surety bond? Yes No
If so, how much? $_________________
- What is your states application fee $______________
- What else does your state require you to do?
If yes to any of these…
- Sign up for an account and for your states required notary training class, background screening (live scan), and passport photo at: www.nationalnotary.org
- Do your live scan background screening and submit it to your state’s Secretary of State.
- Have your passport photo taken and submit it to your state’s Secretary of State.
- Take and pass your mandatory notary training class if necessary and pay the fee of $_______________________
- Purchase your state-required surety bond (if required).
- Purchase an Errors & Omissions policy (E&O) for a minimum of $25,000. Most companies that you will be working with will require this!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU ARE NOW A NOTARY PUBLIC!!!